The late Robert W. Jackson was one of West Virginia’s most recognized senior advocates; he worked tirelessly both in state government and in the private sector to ensure improvements in policy, planning, and services to seniors. In his honor, the Bureau sponsors the Robert W. Jackson Senior Conference each year to provide workshops and activities for seniors from around the state.
This year’s conference is scheduled May 19–21, 2015. Registration forms are now available. Workshops confirmed so far:
- Dinner theater – Murder Mystery during dinner on the 20th
- Glamour Shots (will need to schedule a time at registration)
- “Soup Talk” – class on making various soups
- Computers classes such as Intro and Smart Devices
- Computer lab available all day for one-on-one time (will need to schedule a time for this also)
- Bocce Ball
- West Virginia History
- Tai Chi
- DNR will have Archery and the shooting simulator trailer
For more information on the conference, please contact your local senior center or Robin Strickland at the Bureau of Senior Services at 304-558-3317.